Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
You won’t be able to stop eating these vegetarian stuffed mushrooms! They’re packed with savory flavor and are super easy to make.
24 baby bella mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Prepare a deep baking dish by lining it with foil.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and clean dirt with a damp paper towel. Set mushroom caps to the side, and finely chop the stems.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot, cooking 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 minute to bloom the spices.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems to the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms are nicely browned and fork tender. Add in balsamic vinegar, stir, and reduce heat. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggie burgers according to package instructions. I cooked them in the oven.
- Chop up cooked veggie burgers into small pieces.
- Add veggie burgers to a mixing bowl with garlic/shallot/mushroom mix, parsley, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine everything thoroughly.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with a rounded scoop of filling. Really squeeze the filling into the mushrooms, you want to use it all up.
- Place stuffed mushrooms in rows in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until mushrooms are a deep brown.
- Serve warm.