Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich
Get that bread…
then use it to make this hearty Vegetarian Reuben Sandwich using Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers.
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup plus 3 Tbsp. refrigerated sauerkraut with caraway, drained
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 8 slices rye bread, toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers, cooked according to package instructions
- Prepare Russian dressing by combining yogurt, 3 Tbsp. of the kraut, ketchup, mustard, and paprika in a mini food processor or blender; blend until mostly smooth.
- Preheat broiler to HIGH. Place 4 bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; top each with 1 slice of cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top each slice with about 1 Tbsp. Russian dressing, followed by one cooked veggie burger, and 3 Tbsp. kraut. Spread remaining Russian dressing evenly on remaining 4 bread slices. Place bread, yogurt side down, on top of kraut, and serve.