Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce
For a sauce that will complete any pasta dish, try this Vegetarian Bolognese Sauce featuring Dr. Praeger’s Gluten Free California Veggie Burgers!
- 1 box (11 oz.) Dr. Praeger’s Gluten Free California Veggie Burgers
- OR Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burgers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, sauté the olive oil, onion, celery, carrots, and garlic until translucent.
- Thaw burgers by microwaving for two minutes. Cut burgers into chunks and add to sautéed vegetables, breaking them up as you stir.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, wine, water, sugar, paprika, oregano, chili pepper powder and salt. Stir to incorporate and simmer for 30 minutes until it thickens.
- Serve over your favorite gluten free pasta, rice, or seed.