Vegan Power Burger with Beet Slaw + Horseradish Sauce
Creamy Cashew Horseradish Sauce
- 2/3 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 loosely packed tablespoons peeled and finely grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large beets, peeled and grated*
- 1 medium jicama root, peeled and grated (or 2 large carrots, peeled and grated)*
- Small handful flatleaf parsley or cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Heirloom Bean Veggie Burgers
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 1 cucumber, shaved lengthwise into ribbons (optional)
Servings 4 burgers
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the Creamy Cashew Horseradish Sauce
- Add the almond milk, soaked cashews, and lemon juice to a high-speed blender and blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Transfer the cream to a medium mixing bowl and whisk in the grated horseradish, mustard, vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and continue to refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Beet Slaw
- Add all ingredients to a medium, nonreactive (i.e., non-metallic) mixing bowl and toss to coat (it should be a touch sweet). Let stand for 15 minutes to soften.
For the Burgers
- Bake the burger patties according to package instructions.
- Top each bun with a Dr. Praeger’s Heirloom Bean Veggie Burger. Dollop the top of the burgers with horseradish sauce and top with the beet slaw and cucumber ribbons (if using). Serve immediately alongside any extra slaw.
Author Blissful Basil