Vegan Chicken Fajita Salad
This Vegan Chicken Fajita Salad is a healthy and filling dinner that is done in under 30 minutes. It features Dr. Preager’s Vegan Classic Chick’n Tenders and creamy avocado—no sad salad here!
For the salad:
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders
- Cooking oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
For the chimichurri:
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cook chick’n tenders according to package instructions
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add a little cooking oil. When hot, add bell pepper slices. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until tender.
- In a food processor, add all chimichurri ingredients. Pulse a few times to combine, but don’t puree; you want the sauce to have a chunky texture.
- When chick’n tenders are done cooking, remove and let cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, add chopped lettuce, bell peppers, corn, avocado, and chopped chick’n tenders; toss to combine.
- Add chimichurri and toss to combine, or serve chimichurri on the side.