Vegan Breakfast Casserole
Serve a crowd with this Vegan Breakfast Casserole using Dr. Praeger’s Sunday Funday Veggie Sausages.
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Sunday Funday Veggie Sausage
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup greens, finely chopped (spinach, kale, chard)
- 3/4 cup vegan shredded cheese, divided
- 2 14-ounce packages firm tofu, drained (not pressed)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kala namak (black salt)*
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Serves 6 People
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Cook veggie sausage according to package directions. When done, finely chop. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place bell pepper, greens, 1/2 cup cheese, and chopped sausage in the baking dish. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a blender or food processor, place tofu, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, kala namak, thyme, turmeric, and pepper. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour tofu mixture into the baking dish. Fold gently to mix all ingredients together evenly. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.