Vegan BBQ Chick’n Pizza
Just like you remember it, now vegan! This saucy BBQ pizza highlights Dr. Praeger’s crispy Chick’n Tenders alongside fresh cilantro, caramelized red onions, and melty vegan cheese.
1 prepared pizza dough
1 cup barbecue sauce
¼ red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, to garnish
1 tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes, to garnish
1 tbsp. olive oil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add Classic Chick’n Tenders to an ungreased baking tray and cook for 7 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 7 minutes, or until tenders are golden. Remove tenders from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into bite-size pieces for topping the pizza.
- Prepare pizza dough: sprinkle worksurface with flour and roll out dough to form a large circle. Place onto a baking sheet or pizza stone lightly greased with olive oil. Use a fork or sharp knife to prick crust, to allow steam to escape.
- Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and create pizza: add barbeque sauce, chopped Classic Chick’n Tenders, red onion, garlic, and vegan mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from oven and transfer to a large cutting board. Sprinkle pizza with crushed red pepper flakes, cilantro, and a drizzle of olive oil. Slice into pieces and serve immediately. Enjoy!