Tex Mex Veggie Burger Collard Wraps
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Tex Mex Veggie Burgers
- Large bowl of ice water
- 4 large collard greens, stems cut and trimmed flat
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ear sweet corn, boiled (or 1/2 cup yellow corn)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled or shredded
- 2 small avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Tex Mex Veggie Burgers according to package instructions. Set aside when done. Allow to cool and cut into 1/2″ strips.
- Meanwhile, prep collard greens: Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside. Fill a large deep skillet or large pot with water and bring to boil; reduce water to simmer. One at a time, add collard green leaf to pot and simmer for 30 seconds. Use tongs to remove and immediately place in ice water bath. Gently remove from ice water and place on flat surface, using towel to dry. Continue this process until all collard greens are blanched. (Tip: you can do more than four collard leafs and safe the rest of the greens for more wraps later.)
- Prep the veggies: thinly slice red bell peppers, dice onions, cut corn off cob, peel carrot and make simple guacamole by mashing avocado with juice of lime and add 1/4 tsp garlic salt.
- Assemble the collard wraps: lay blanched collard green on flat surface. Scoop about 2 tablespoons guacamole onto middle of leaf, spreading evenly into middle of leaf (don’t spread to edges). Layer on bell pepper slices, carrot peels, diced onion and corn. Top with strips of veggie burger (about 1 full burger per wrap). Fold ends of wrap first before rolling up placing seam down. Continue with the rest of the wraps.
- Cut wraps in half with large sharp knife. Enjoy!