Sweet Potato Hash Brown Breakfast Bowl
Looking for a new go-to breakfast that doesn’t include eggs? Try a Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Brown Bowl with black beans, corns, avocado and a vegan cashew queso.
- red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- Corn kernels from 3 ears of white or yellow corn (about 1½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil (such as grapeseed or refined avocado), plus extra as needed
- Coarse salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1½ cups cooked black beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 4 heaping cups baby romaine (or another salad green)
- 12 Dr. Praeger’s sweet potato hash browns
- 2 Hass avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Optional: Truly amazing cashew queso sauce, for drizzling, and extra chopped cilantro, for garnish
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the pepper, onion, and corn in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and toss well. Transfer the mixture to a lined baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. roast for about 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and some of the corn is gently browning. Remove the vegetables from the oven.
- Place the hash browns on 1 or two baking sheets. Transfer them to the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes, or until crispy. Remove the hash browns from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toss the roasted vegetables with the lime juice, black beans, and cilantro. Taste the mixture and add an extra drizzle of oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set the mixture aside.
- To assemble the bowls, pile your greens into 4 serving bowls. Top each with 3 hash browns, a generous scoop of the roasted vegetable black bean mixture, and half a sliced avocado. Drizzle with cashew queso and sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve.