Sweet Potato Avocado Toasts
You’ve had avocado toast, but have you tried Sweet Potato Avocado Toast with Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes? Trust us when we say, you won’t miss the bread!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut lengthwise into ½ inch slices)
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes (cut into fourths)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: parsley (chopped)
- Optional: sesame seeds
Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6-8 toasts
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Coat sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and starting to crisp around the edges.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes on an ungreased baking pan. Bake approximately 5 minutes until browned. Carefully flip and bake an additional 4 minutes, until heated through and well browned.
- In a frying pan, sautée chickpeas with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Serve toasts topped with avocado slices, chickpeas, spinach cakes, parsley and sesame seeds.