Supergreens Pasta Sauce
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Super Greens Veggie BurgersView Product
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Begin by taking out your veggie burgers from the freezer. Take off packaging and place on a plate. Allow to defrost. Meanwhile, chop up all your veggies and garlic.
- Heat up a large sauté pan with your olive oil and add in your onion. Let sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add in your carrots and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in your mushrooms and garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- If your veggie burgers are fully defrosted, add them straight to the pan. If not, microwave for 30 seconds. With your cooking spoon, break them up and mix around with all the other vegetables. When everything is broken up add in your tomato sauce. Stir your tomato sauce into your veggies and add in your remaining ingredients. Lower the heat to a simmer and allow to thicken. When your sauce is almost done, add in your nutritional yeast. Stir to combine.
- Serve this over pasta, rice, quinoa etc. I specifically love it over some yummy pasta!