Bell peppers stuffed with Dr. Praeger’s Heirloom Bean Veggie Burgers will make your plant-based dreams come true.
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Heirloom Bean Veggie Burgers
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 corn
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup vegan cheese (optional)
Cook time: 1 hour
- Begin by cooking your veggie burgers. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit. Once heated, add your veggie burgers to an non-greased baking sheet. Cook for 7 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool down – bring temperature down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and cut your peppers in half. Remove the seeds and white strands carefully. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a large sauté pan and add in your onion. Cook until translucent and add in your 2 garlic cloves. Cook for 30 seconds and add in your corn and black beans. Cook for an additional minute then add in your cooked quinoa. Cook for 3 minutes and meanwhile chop up your veggie burgers into bite sized pieces. Mix to combine and add your spices. Take off heat.
- Place your peppers into a baking tin and place ingredients evenly throughout the peppers. Add your vegan cheese and cover baking tin with tinfoil. Let cook for 35-40 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Serve!