Strawberry, Beet, and Avocado Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Heat Beet Veggie Burger is paired with strawberries, onion, avocado, and greens and drizzled with a homemade lemon poppy seed vinaigrette for the ultimate #bowlgoals.
For the Salad:
2 Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Heat Beet Veggie Burgers
6 cups baby spinach
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
4 ounces feta cheese (substitute with a dairy-free feta cheese to make vegan)
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
For the Lemon Poppyseed Dressing:
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. poppyseeds
2 tsp. raw honey or maple syrup
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Heat Beet Veggie Burgers to an ungreased baking tray and place in preheated oven. Bake for 6 minutes, flip, and bake an additional 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into quarters.
- Prepare lemon poppyseed dressing: add all ingredients to a mason jar and secure with a lid. Shake well to combine.
- Prepare salad: add spinach, strawberries, red onion, feta cheese, avocado, and pecans to a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing.
- Divide salads between two bowls and top with Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers. Enjoy!