Spring Greens Breakfast Bowl
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 bunch rapini (or baby broccoli)
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Potato Pollock Burgers
- 2 large eggs, sunny-side up
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh scallions, garnish
- Fresh cilantro, garnish
- Sesame seeds, garnish
- Red pepper flakes, garnish
Serves: 2 Bowls
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1) For vegetables, add about one tablespoon of olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add sliced zucchini, rapini, and jalapeños. Saute over medium heat until vegetables are blistered and tender, but not soggy, about 7-8 minutes, turning once. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat once done, but leave in the warm pan.
2) For burgers, add a drizzle of oil to a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add burgers and cook for about 4 minutes per side until browned and cooked through. Remove burgers from skillet.
3) Cook eggs in the same nonstick skillet in a drizzle of oil. You can flip them for over-easy eggs, but if you want them sunny side up, then once the whites have mostly set on the eggs (two minutes over medium heat), just cover the skillet with a small plate for the final 45-60 seconds of cooking. That will set the top part of the whites but leave the yolk a bright yellow.
4) Assemble the bowls by splitting the veggies between two bowls and adding a chopped burger and an egg. Top with garnishes including scallions, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds. Go about your day after a delicious breakfast!