Spinach and Sweet Potato Hamantaschen
Celebrate Purim with this delightful family recipe to enjoy Hamantaschen.
- 1 pie crust (about 7 oz. of dough)
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Spinach CakesView Product
Sweet Potato Hash BrownsView Product
- Preheat oven to 350F
- To make the filling, place 3 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes in a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 60-90 seconds until soft enough to crumble. Mix in ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Repeat the process in a separate bowl with 3 Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Cakes
- Sprinkle poppy seeds onto pie dough and roll the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut dough in 3-inch circles using the top edge of a drinking glass. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the dough circle. Carefully fold three sides over filling, making a triangle shape. Tightly pinch the triangle point to ensure they don’t pop open during baking.
- Place Hamantaschen on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 10-15 mins until edges begin to brown.