Spicy Street Corn Salad
Celebrate the end of summer with this refreshing Spicy Street Corn Salad including Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burger!
4 Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers
4 ears white or yellow sweet corn, husks removed, and kernels shaved off of cobs
2 red bell peppers, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
½ red onion, diced
½ cup black beans
1 avocado, diced
¼ cup cotija or feta cheese (or a dairy-free feta cheese of choice)
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tsp. raw honey or maple syrup
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers to a baking tray. Cook for 7 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove veggie burgers from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into quarters.
- Prepare corn salad. To a large bowl add corn kernels, bell peppers, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, black beans, avocado, and cheese. Toss well to combine.
- Prepare spicy lime dressing. Add olive oil, lime juice, honey or maple syrup, cayenne, black pepper and sea salt to a bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour spicy dressing into corn salad and toss well to combine. Add quartered veggie burgers and serve immediately. Enjoy!