Spicy Black Bean Burger Bowls
Lose the buns, hun! Dish up these Spicy Black Bean Quinoa Burger Bowls for dinner tonight.
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean and Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 3 jalapenos (diced)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups assorted cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 tbsp roasted red chili sauce
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
Time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450°F. Place burger on an ungreased baking pan. Bake approximately 7 minutes, flip and bake an additional 5 minutes, until heated through and well browned. Dice into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small frying pan, saute jalapenos with olive oil over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- In a small saucepan, simmer black beans, corn and cumin for 5-7 minutes until heated all the way through.
- Assemble bowls by adding spinach, tomatoes, beans and corn, cabbage, jalapenos, and black bean burgers. Toss to combine ingredients. Garnish with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, chili sauce, and a squeeze of lime juice.