Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
this soup has a sweet thang going for it
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 box (12 oz.) Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns, (frozen, uncooked)
- 1 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
Servings: 4 (about 4 cups)
- Bring water/broth to a boil in 3-quart saucepan over high heat.
- Add hash brown, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 minutes.
- Puree with immersion blender or in 2 batches in a counter-top blender.
Optional garnishes: Chopped candied walnuts or pecans (see recipe), sour cream and chopped chives, crème fraîche and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Seasonal Variations: Curried Sweet Potato Soup: omit brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and add: 1/2 tsp. curry powder. Ginger Herbed Sweet Potato Soup: omit brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and add: 1/4 tsp. ground ginger and 1/8 tsp. EACH dried rosemary, sage and thyme, crumbled. Also delicious over hot cooked cheese tortellini.