Southwestern Breakfast Bowl with Four Potato Puffs
For the bowls:
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Four Potato Puffs
- 2 eggs
- salsa, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, and tortilla chips for topping (optional)
For the aioli:
- ¼ cup mayo (I used a vegan mayo)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
Four Potato PuffsView Product
Serves: 2 Bowls
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Four Potato Puffs in the oven according to package directions.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add black beans. Stir in spices and heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add peppers and onions. Saute for about 8 minutes, or until browned.
- While the veggies cook, make aioli by stirring together mayo, sriracha, Dijon, and honey in small bowl.
- Set veggies aside and wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Add a splash more oil and cook eggs to your liking.
- Assemble bowls by layering black beans, peppers and onions, potato puffs, and eggs. Drizzle with aioli and garnish with cilantro, salsa, jalapeño, and tortilla chips if desired.