Southwestern Breakfast Bowl with Four Potato Puffs
This Southwestern Breakfast Bowl with Dr. Praeger’s Four Potato Puffs is so good, we’re not just eating it for breakfast! It’s on our lunch and dinner menu, too.
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Four Potato Puffs
- 2 eggs
- salsa, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, and tortilla chips for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup mayo (I used a vegan mayo)
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
Serves: 2 Bowls
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Four Potato Puffs in the oven according to package directions.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add black beans. Stir in spices and heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add peppers and onions. Saute for about 8 minutes, or until browned.
- While the veggies cook, make aioli by stirring together mayo, sriracha, Dijon, and honey in small bowl.
- Set veggies aside and wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Add a splash more oil and cook eggs to your liking.
- Assemble bowls by layering black beans, peppers and onions, potato puffs, and eggs. Drizzle with aioli and garnish with cilantro, salsa, jalapeño, and tortilla chips if desired.