Southern BBQ Bowl
Dish up a healthier version of your favorite comfort food by using Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burgers and Sweet Potato Hash Browns.
- 1 Dr. Praeger’s Super Greens Veggie Burger
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- ½ pound black eyed peas, dried
- 4 leaves of collard greens, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup mac and cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce, to serve
- 1 slice of cornbread, to serve
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prepare black-eyed peas. Add dried black-eyed peas to an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Cover with 3 cups water. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes, allowing 10 minutes to release steam afterwards. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside. You’ll have plenty of extra black-eyed peas, which keep in the refrigerator in an air tight container for a week.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger and sweet potato hash browns according to package directions.
- Saute collard greens. Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Stir in collard greens, black pepper, and sea salt. Saute for 5-7 minutes, or until warmed and tender.
- Build your bowl: add cooked collard greens, black eyed peas, Dr. Prager’s veggie burger, hash browns, mac and cheese, and cornbread. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and devour!