Pumpkin Pasta with Kale Puffs
Pumpkin Pasta is good, pumpkin pasta with Dr. Praeger’s Kale Puffs is better.
1 box Dr. Praeger’s Kale Puffs
1 box pasta shells
1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
½ yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 ½ cups almond or cashew milk (unsweetened)
¼ cup nutritional yeast
4 leaves of fresh sage
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 handfuls spinach
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Kale Puffs and pasta shells according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until translucent.
- To a high-speed blender, add sautéed garlic and onions, pumpkin puree, almond or cashew milk, nutritional yeast, fresh sage, sea salt, and black pepper. Blend on highest speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour pasta sauce into a stockpot and gently warm on the stove. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Pour pasta sauce over cooked pasta. Stir to combine. Top with Kale Puffs and a sprinkle of chopped sage. Enjoy!