Mushroom Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Mushroom Risotto Veggie Burgers
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend, divided
- 1 25-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (can also use white button mushrooms), stem removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 cups kale, chopped
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice the tough stem off, then slice squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds; discard. Place the squash, flesh up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until slightly browned on the edges and tender on the inside.
- Reduce oven heat to 350F.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the meatballs and sauce. Place veggie burgers on a microwave-safe plate; microwave in 1-minute intervals for 3 minutes, until defrosted.
- Add veggie burgers to a bowl. Mash with a fork until completely broken apart. Add oat flour and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning; stir together until combined. Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- On the same baking sheet that you used for the squash, place “meat” balls. Bake for 20 minutes, until crispy on the outside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat; spray with cooking spray or add a little cooking oil. Add mushrooms; cook for 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms are reduced and browned. Add marinara, nutritional yeast, and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to simmer; add kale and cook until slightly wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Fluff spaghetti squash flesh with a fork. Top with mushroom marinara, “meat” balls, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.