A warm and homey favorite for any season, using Dr. Praeger’s Mushroom Risotto Burger!
- 1 box store-bought risotto
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Mushroom Risotto Veggie Burgers
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Several pinches sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter, optional
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
Serves 4 People
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cook the risotto mix according to package instructions.
- Separately, preheat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until lightly caramelized and tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, Mushroom Risotto Veggie Burgers, white wine, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, breaking up the burger patties with your spoon.
- Once the mushrooms are tender, transfer the mixture to the risotto, and stir to combine.
- Top with vegan butter, vegan parmesan, and/or fresh parsley, if using.