Mushroom Risotto and Broccoli Stuffed Acorn Squash
2 acorn squash
2 Dr. Praeger’s mushroom risotto veggie burgers
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 small white onion, diced
1 small head broccoli, finely chopped
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp tahini
Cook time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place frozen Dr. Praeger’s Mushroom Risotto Veggie Burgers on baking tray and bake for 8 minutes.
- While veggie burgers are baking, heat avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and broccoli and sauté until onions are just translucent, about 5 minutes. Add dried spices, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- When veggie burgers are finished cooking, add both to broccoli and onion mixture in skillet. Use a spatula to break up veggie burgers into large pieces and incorporate with veggie mixture. Remove from heat.
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place cut side down on baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Remove acorn squash from oven and carefully flip over. Fill each center of squash with broccoli, onion, and veggie burger mixture. Carefully pack enough mixture into center of squash. Return to oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until squash is tender and mixture is browned.
- Remove squash from oven and drizzle with tahini. Serve immediately and enjoy!
– No acorn squash? Halved delicata squash work too. Cut delicata lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Follow the remainder of the recipe accordingly!