Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche
For the crust:
- 1 cup white whole wheat or all purpose flour
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
For the quiche:
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale, packed
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Spinach CakesView Product
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 450F and bake spinach cakes according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 400F. Spray a round baking dish with cooking spay.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and water until thickened. Stir in herbs. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined.
- Spread dough into pie pan, using your finger tips to spread it up onto the sides of the dish (you can also use a rolling pin to flatten it before putting in pan).
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot add onion and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add garlic, tomato, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook for another 10 minutes or until veggies have softened. Add greens and cook until wilted. Dump veggies into pan with uncooked crust. Tear spinach cakes into small pieces and add to baking dish.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl. Pour over veggies. Top evenly with feta.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until quiche has set.