Veggie burgers aren’t just a patty! Try using Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger in a delicious Meatball Sub.
- 2 boxes Dr. Praeger’s California Veggie Burger (8 burgers)
- ½ cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Serves: 4 Subs (12 meatballs)
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap California veggie burgers and add to a plate in a single layer.
- Microwave for one minute, flip, and microwave another minute.
- Add veggie burgers to a large bowl and mash with a fork until broken down.
- Add dried breadcrumbs, salt, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and olive oil to a bowl. Use your hands to combine mixture until it resembles a dough-like texture. If the meatballs are too mushy, add in a tablespoon of breadcrumbs. Use your hands to form 12 small meatballs, rolling each piece in a ball between your hands.
- Place on lined baking tray and repeat with remainder of mixture. Bake meatballs for 15-17 minutes, or until crispy on the outside.
- While meatballs bake, heat sauce over medium heat.
- Remove meatballs from oven. Divide between buns and top with sauce and mozzarella cheese. Place meatball subs back onto baking tray and broil 1-2 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt and bubble.
- Remove from oven and eat!