Loaded Sweet Potato Bowls
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns (or littles!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced to thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced to thin strips
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup water
- juice of 1 lime, freshly squeezed (1 Tbsp)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450F and cook the Dr Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns according to directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the onion and green peppers. They should sizzle, and slightly blacken while you cook them. Stir occasionally, until they’re soft. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- While the onions, peppers, and hash browns are cooking, prepare the sauce: combine all of the sauce ingredients together in the blender, and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble the bowls, combine the Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns, sauteed onions and bell peppers, beans, jalapeños, and salsa. Heavily drizzle the sauce over top!