Loaded Breakfast Bowls with Root Veggie Hash Browns
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 zuchini, diced
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 small white onion, diced
- 1 big handful baby spinach
- 2 packages of Dr. Praeger’s root vegetable hashbrowns
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- toppings: cilantro, green onion, crumbled cotija, red pepper flakes
Root Veggie Hash BrownsView Product
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Cook 4 root veggie hash browns in the oven according to package instructions
- In the meantime, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin and sauté until the veggies soften (about 4 minutes). Set veggies asides and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel to remove any excess liquid from veggies.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and reheat on medium heat. Crack 2 eggs into the pan and cook them to your liking. I like my eggs sunny side up, so after cracking the eggs in the pan I bring the heat to low and finish cooking that way.
- Build your bowls! Separate veggies mixture and hash browns into 2 bowls and top each with an egg.
- Add cilantro, green onion, crumbled cotija, red pepper flakes and 1/4 an avocado to each bowl.