Kale and Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
Use a Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burger and zucchini noodles for a veggie-twist on your favorite classic recipe.
- 3-4 medium zucchini, sliced ⅛” thick
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burgers (chopped roughly)
- 15 oz whole ricotta
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt + more for drying zucchini
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 small bunch fresh basil (sliced in small ribbons)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Slice zucchini into thin, ⅛” thick, lengthwise slices (using a mandolin or vegetable peeler is easier than by hand).
- First, draw out excess moisture from the zucchini by spreading the slices over a baking sheet and sprinkling salt over each one, flip and salt the opposite side. Bake for 5 minutes and dab any excess water with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel.
- Prepare a 9 inch square non-stick pan by spreading 1 ½ cups tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together all the cheeses, egg, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread a large spoonful the length on the zucchini, sprinkle chopped veggie burger on top of the cheese layer. Roll each one up and place carefully in the prepared pan. Top with additional tomato sauce.
- Bake for 25-30mins. Top with fresh basil and serve.