Greek Veggie Pita Sandwich with Parsley Tzatziki
Take the classic pita to the next level with this Parsley Tzatziki sauce and Dr. Praeger’s Heirloom Bean Veggie Burgers!
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s Heirloom Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 small tomato
- ½ small cucumber
- ¼ of a small red onion
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
- 2 large pita
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber chunks, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Prep time: 8 mins / Cook time: 12 mins / Total time: 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place burgers on a baking pan and bake for 7 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Prepare veggies by thinly slicing tomato, cucumber, and red onion.
- Prepare tzatziki by first slicing a cucumber in half lengthwise and scooping out the seeds. Cut up ½ cup of cucumber chunks, and wrap them in a paper towel to extract excess moisture.
- Combine all tzatziki ingredients in a blender, pulsing until just combined. Alternatively, finely chop cucumber, feta, and parsley and stir them together with the other ingredients.
- Toast pita in the warm oven for a minute, before assembling the sandwich with the cooked veggie burger and sliced veggies. Drizzle parsley tzatziki over the sandwich before wrapping it closed. Serve immediately.