Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Need to shake things a bit from the usual pasta and sauce? Look no further than this Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta using Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders.
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders
- 1 16-ounce box whole grain spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (in oil), divided
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon oil (from sun dried tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Cook Classic Chick’n Tenders according to package directions. When cool, slice into thin strips.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- In the pot that the spaghetti cooked in, warm oil over medium-low heat. Add spinach; cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until wilted. Return pasta to pot.
- In a blender or food processor, add cashews, 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, oil, non-dairy milk, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour sauce over pasta and spinach.
- Slice remaining 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes into thin strips. Add to pasta; stir to combine.
- Top pasta with slices of Classic Chick’n Tenders and red pepper flakes.