Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Bites
For the Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce:
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp bourbon (can omit)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
For the bites:
- 1 batch Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce (you’ll have leftovers)
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles (or 1 baguette sliced into ½ inch slices)
- 2 oz goat cheese, at room temperature (sub hummus for vegan option)
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt
Broccoli LittlesView Product
- Make cranberry sauce by first rinsing and sorting through cranberries, removing any mushy ones.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for about 12 minutes or until thickened. Place in a bowl and set aside. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450F and bake Broccoli Littles according to package directions. If using a baguette instead, bake slices at 400F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- When ready to assemble, gently place a smear of of goat cheese on each broccoli bite. (If you try to spread the cheese, the bites will break.) Then top each bite with a dollop of cranberry sauce, chopped rosemary, a sprinkle of pecans, and sea salt. These are delicious at room temperature and even better heated in the oven until the cheese is warmed!