Couscous and Chickpea Protein Bowl
We packed all the protein into one lunch using couscous, chickpeas and a Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burger. Dive in!
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s California Burgers
- 8-10 sprigs of asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 eggs
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp italian seasoning mix
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup chives (chopped)
Red Pepper Dressing
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 bowls
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450°F. Place burgers on an ungreased baking pan. Bake approximately 7 minutes, flip and bake an additional 5 minutes, until heated through and well browned. Dice into 1½ inch pieces.
- While burgers are cooking, spread asparagus and red pepper evenly onto another baking pan and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Make couscous according to package directions.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook eggs for 7 minutes until soft boiled. Cool, remove the shells and cut in half.
- To make dressing, add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Assemble the bowl by tossing couscous, roasted veggies, burger pieces, and spinach with dressing. Top with soft boiled egg, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.