Chick’n Scampi Pasta
A delicious and easy version of traditional scampi using Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders.
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders
- 1/2 box spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place your chick’n tenders on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 14 minutes flipping the tenders halfway.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water once pasta is done cooking.
- Bring a large sauté pan up to medium heat and melt your butter. Add in your chopped shallots, salt, pepper & red pepper flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 minutes, add your garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in your vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Let simmer until the vegetable broth has reduced by half.
- In the meantime, chop up your chick’n into bite sized pieces.
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan as well as your chick’n, lemon juice & parsley. Coat everything in the sauce and remove from heat. If the sauce seems a little dry, add in some of the reserved pasta water gradually until desired sauce consistency.