Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Pasta
1 box gluten-free pasta
2 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 small white onion, diced
2 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground sage
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
2 cups arugula
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Cook Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Cakes according to package directions. Remove from oven and cut into quarters.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add chopped butternut squash, sweet potato, and onion. Drizzle with avocado oil or olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, paprika, and sage. Roast veggies for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- While veggies roast, cook gluten-free pasta according to package directions.
- Remove roasted veggies from oven.
- To a high-speed blender add roasted veggies, nutritional yeast, and unsweetened plant milk. Blend on highest speed for 30-45 seconds until smooth and creamy. If mixture is too thick, add in another tablespoon of plant milk.
- Pour cooked pasta into a large bowl. Pour creamy butternut squash pasta sauce over top. Mix well to combine.
- Top pasta with arugula and Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Cakes. Enjoy!