Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Soup season calls for a nourishing bowl of Butternut Squash & Apple Soup with Dr. Praeger’s Kale Puffs.
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s kale puffs
- 4 cups butternut squash cubes
- 2 apples, halved
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. dried sage
- ¼ Tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. chili pepper, for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh sprouts, for garnish
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butternut squash cubes, apples, onion, and garlic to a large baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 25-35 minutes, or until squash is golden and tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Increase oven heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and cook Dr. Praeger’s kale puffs according to package directions.
- While Dr. Praeger’s puffs cook, prepare soup. Either use a high-speed blender with capable soup-making function, or a large pot an immersion blender, and add all ingredients (roasted butternut squash, apple, onion, garlic, thyme, sage, nutmeg, black pepper, and vegetable broth).
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Divide soup into bowls and top with puffs, sprouts, and chili pepper flakes, if desired. Enjoy!