Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Burrito
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Brussels Sprouts Cakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced sweet peppers
- 1/3 cup sweet corn
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 2-3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 large tortillas or wraps
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro, garnish
Brussels Sprouts CakesView Product
- Add a small drizzle of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels Sprouts Cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until cakes are browned and crispy. Season cakes with salt and pepper and remove from skillet.
- Add a fresh drizzle of olive oil (1-2 teaspoons) if the pan is dry and add in the chopped onions, sweet peppers, and sweet corn. Cook until veggies soften, 4-5 minutes. Then remove from skillet.
- Add yet another drizzle of olive oil to the pan along with scrambled eggs. Turn heat down to low and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are almost completely set, 2-3 minutes. Then remove from heat and add cheese. The residual heat should be enough to melt cheese.
- Make a burrito by adding 1 ½ Brussels Sprouts cakes to a large tortilla and layer on sautéed veggies and cheesy soft-scrambled eggs. Season burrito with salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro. Roll it up in foil for on-the-go breakfast or eat it right away!