Autumn Veggie Burgers w/Apple Slaw
Bite into fall with these Autumn Veggie Burgers using Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Heat Beet Veggie Burger!
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Heat Veggie Burgers
- 2 whole wheat or gluten-free burger buns
- cheddar slices or vegan cheese
- 2 cups store-bought slaw mix
- 1 gala or honey crisp apple
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Serves 2 People
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- To start, make the apple slaw. Chop the apples, skin on, into thin matchsticks. Mix with the other slaw ingredients, and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Put slaw in the refrigerator for at least a half-hour so that the flavors can really meld.
- While slaw is marinating, prepare the veggie burgers according to the box instructions (though I would recommend grilling them, the smoky flavor is excellent here).
- Layer your burgers – add on the warm, cooked veggie burgers, a layer of cheddar or vegan cheese, then add on the slaw and arugula, as much as you like.
- Serve with french fries or tater tots, if you’d like.