Asian Burger Summer Rolls with Spicy Hoisin Peanut Dipping Sauce
For the rolls:
- 8 rice paper summer roll wrappers
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Asian Veggie burgers, gently heated according to package instructions, cut into quarters
- 2 large or 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded (not necessary if your cucumber doesn’t contain a lot of seeds, but a good idea if it does), and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ head purple or green cabbage, shredded
- 16 basil leaves (about 1 small bunch, washed and leaves removed)
- 16 mint leaves (about 1 small bunch, washed and leaves removed)
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (check label to make sure it’s vegan)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more to taste—adjust according to your preference for heat
Serves: 8 rolls
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and set aside while you prepare the rolls.
- Fill a large bowl with lukewarm water. Dip your first wrapper into the water, leave it there for about 10 seconds, then transfer it to a large plate or a marble work surface (I find that the wrappers stick to wood, so I don’t recommend a cutting board for this).
- Place two quarters of a veggie burger in the center of the roll, stacked vertically. Lay a couple matchsticks of carrot and cucumber, also vertically, alongside the burger. Top with a bit of shredded cabbage, then two leaves each of basil and mint. Tuck the bottom and top sides of the wrapper over the filling, then fold the left side over the center. Roll everything up to the right to make a neat package.
- Repeat with all remaining wrappers. Cut each roll in half and serve with the sauce
Leftover rolls will keep overnight in an airtight container in the fridge. Leftover sauce will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Author: The Full Helping