Vegetarian Hot Dish
Our veggie-forward, plant-based alternative to the classic comfort food made with Dr. Praeger’s Kale Puffs.
1 tbsp olive oil
5 cups cooked lentils
5 cups mixed frozen chopped vegetables
3, 12-ounce cartons condensed mushroom soup
3, 9-ounce packages Dr. Praeger’s Kale Puffs
Several pinches salt and pepper
2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease the inside of a 13×9 baking dish with the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked lentils and frozen mixed vegetables.
- Transfer the vegetable lentil mixture to the baking dish, and spread into an even layer.
- Empty the condensed mushroom soup cartons onto the mushroom lentil later, and carefully smooth it across the surface into an even layer.
- Arrange the Dr. Praeger’s Kale Puffs across the condensed mushroom soup layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the puffs are golden crisp.
- Cool for 15 minutes before scooping so the layers can set.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and freshly cracked black pepper.