Vegan Mushroom & Grounds Stroganoff
A rich and heaty meal made with Perfect Plant Based Grounds — you'll never miss the meat!
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- 4 Tbs. olive oil divided
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Plant-Based Grounds
- 2 lb cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 ½ cup non-dairy milk (360ml)
- salt and pepper to taste
To garnish (optional)
- vegan parmesan
- fresh parsley or thyme
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside. Toss with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat 2 Tbs. of the olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add Dr. Praeger’s Plant-Based Grounds and cook until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes, or until slightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, and saute 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly stream in the vegetable broth, whisking constantly. Add the white wine, soy sauce or tamari, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, non-dairy milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened slightly.