Spicy Street Corn Salad
Celebrate the end of summer with this refreshing Spicy Street Corn Salad including Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burger!
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 4 ears white or yellow sweet corn, husks removed, and kernels shaved off of cobs
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cotija or feta cheese (or a dairy-free feta cheese of choice)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. raw honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers to a baking tray. Cook for 7 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove veggie burgers from oven and let cool slightly before cutting into quarters.
- Prepare corn salad. To a large bowl add corn kernels, bell peppers, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, black beans, avocado, and cheese. Toss well to combine.
- Prepare spicy lime dressing. Add olive oil, lime juice, honey or maple syrup, cayenne, black pepper and sea salt to a bowl. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pour spicy dressing into corn salad and toss well to combine. Add quartered veggie burgers and serve immediately. Enjoy!