Perfect Smoky Sweet Potato Vegan Chili
Sweet, smoky, and hearty vegan chili to warm you up, even on the coldest day! Making this a summertime meal instead? Top your favorite Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burger with a scoop of chili for the ultimate messy-delicious stack!
For the chili:
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil, divided
- 1 package Dr. Praeger’s Perfect Plant Based Ground, thawed
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (16 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup cilantro, to serve
- 2 avocados diced, to serve
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to a heavy stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add Perfect Grounds and use a spoon to break up. Lightly brown Perfect Grounds for 7-10 minutes. Carefully pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Return pot to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon avocado oil. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in sweet potato and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to Dutch oven including browned Perfect Grounds. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes, or until sweet potato are fork tender and chili is thick and hearty.
- Divide chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro and avocado. Enjoy!