Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods® Philosophy
We want to contribute to people’s ability to live their lives to the fullest! The biggest impact we can make is by delivering the most delicious recipes made from simple, nutritious and meatless foods that help encourage good eating habits that last a lifetime
Nourishing & Wholesome
- We only use real recognizable ingredients — vegetables, herbs and grains people know and love.
- We serve a variety of dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
- All of our products are OU Kosher certified, and many are Non-GMO Project Verified and certified Gluten Free.
- We cook with high-quality ingredients that include a diverse range of vegetables, sustainably caught fish and plant-based oils.
- We understand the dilemma of choosing between nutritious food and indulgence. You shouldn’t have to! Our goal is to provide sensible alternatives to foods consumers know and love.
- We understand that great flavors need to go hand-in-hand with excellent nutrition. Through the use of herbs, spices and other savory ingredients, our products pack a lot of zest, for such simple recipes.
- We believe that easy-to-prepare ‘fast food’ can be good food. Our quick-frozen products protect and retain nutrients, our recipes make everything delicious and our approach makes eating well easy!
- Our products are delicious as-is and also highly versatile, adding a nutritious note to a variety of recipes from baked veggie fries to risotto and veggie scrambles.
- We offer a full range of products to help feed the whole family, from tots in high chairs to teens in high school and time-starved adults in need of quick, after-work dinners.
Dr. Praeger’s: A Lifetime of Nutrition
People deserve to know what’s in the food they eat. That’s why we work to earn certifications that demonstrate our transparency and commitment to high quality ingredients. Here’s a look at what you can expect from Dr. Praeger’s:
We want to help people easily find products free of genetically modified ingredients. More than half of our products are verified free of GMOs by the Non GMO Project, an organization dedicated to preserving and building recognized sources of non-GMO products and consumer education.
Can’t have gluten? No problem. Over half of the products we offer meet verification standards set by the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG). GIG is a leader in the verification of quality, integrity and purity of gluten-free products. The certification is clearly identified on all of our relevant products.
We want to make it easy for people avoiding animal products to trust Dr. Praeger’s. Our vegan products are certified and clearly labeled with the approved mark of Vegan Action, a recognized partner who’s mission is to reduce animal suffering.
All of our seafood is wild-caught Alaskan Pollock from sustainable fisheries, independently certified to the Marine Stewardship Council’s standard, an international non-profit organization established to address the problem of over-fishing and safeguarding seafood supplies for the future.
We are committed to our kosher roots. Since our earliest days, Dr. Praeger’s has partnered with the Orthodox Union, the world’s most recognized and trusted kosher certification. For over 80 years, the Orthodox Union has set the bar for the highest standards of kosher certification.