Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili
chili with fantastic ingredients!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 box (12 oz.) Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns, diced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, like Del Monte
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
Sweet Potato Hash BrownsView Product
- Heat oil in 4 to 5-quart pot over medium heat and cook onion,
- Stir occasionally, 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and chili powder and cook, stirring, 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
- Add water, Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns, beans, tomatoes with chilies and quinoa.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes until flavors are blended.
- Serve garnished, if desired, with shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese*, sour cream* and chopped cilantro.