Sweet Potato Avocado Toasts
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut lengthwise into ½ inch slices)
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes (cut into fourths)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: parsley (chopped)
- Optional: sesame seeds
Spinach CakesView Product
Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6-8 toasts
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Coat sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Place slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and starting to crisp around the edges.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes on an ungreased baking pan. Bake approximately 5 minutes until browned. Carefully flip and bake an additional 4 minutes, until heated through and well browned.
- In a frying pan, sautée chickpeas with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Serve toasts topped with avocado slices, chickpeas, spinach cakes, parsley and sesame seeds.