Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
a nice soup has a sweet thang going for it.
- Makes 4 servings (about 4 cups)
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 box (12 oz.) Dr. Praeger’s Sweet Potato Hash Browns, (frozen, uncooked)
- 1 tsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- Bring water/broth to a boil in 3-quart saucepan over high heat.
- Add hash brown, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 minutes.
- Puree with immersion blender or in 2 batches in a counter-top blender.
Optional garnishes: Chopped candied walnuts or pecans (see recipe), sour cream and chopped chives, crème fraîche and toasted pumpkin seeds. Seasonal Variations: Omit brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and add: Curried Sweet Potato Soup: 1/2 tsp. curry powder Ginger Herbed Sweet Potato Soup: 1/4 tsp. ground ginger and 1/8 tsp. EACH dried rosemary, sage and thyme, crumbled* *Also delicious over hot cooked cheese tortellini.