Kale & Spring Pea Risotto
joyful greens spring up in a fine risotto
- 1 box (10 oz.) Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burgers
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Arborio (risotto) rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Remove Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burgers from box and place on counter to defrost.
- Heat broth in 2-quart saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes, until becoming translucent.
- Stir in hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until all broth is absorbed, and ½ cup broth remains (this will take about 15 minutes).
- Add Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burgers, peas and remaining broth and cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is creamy.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Non-Vegan Version: Stir in 1 tablespoon unsalted butter and ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese at the end of the cook time.