Kale & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
stuffed with great taste!
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Kale Veggie Burgers
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/4 cup drained, rinsed and cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4-5 large red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper or organic cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the frozen veggie burgers and as they cook, break them up into pieces with a wooden spoon, stirring continuously another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach, black beans, cooked quinoa and cook for a few minutes until the kale slightly wilts.
- Cut about 1 inch off the top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes and rinse peppers well.
- Stuff each pepper with kale burger mixture. Top each pepper with 1-2 tablespoons cheese.*
- Place peppers on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
If the peppers do not stand up straight, cut a small amount off the bottom of each pepper so they sit evenly. *Vegan Option: Leave out the cheese or replace with a vegan substitute.