Grandma’s Homemade Apple Sauce
Always listen to Granny!
- To be served as a side dip with any Dr. Praeger’s Littles or Dr Praeger’s Four Potato Hash Browns.
- Makes about 2-1/2 cups
- 2 lbs. McIntosh apples, peeled cored and roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water*
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Dr. Praeger’s Spinach, Kale or Broccoli Littles or Dr Praeger’s Four Potato Hash Browns, prepared according to package
Kale LittlesView Product
Spinach LittlesView Product
Broccoli LittlesView Product
- Combine apples, water and lemon juice in a nonreactive (NOT aluminum) 3-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally for approximately 15 minutes or until apples break down. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve with Dr. Praeger’s Four Potato Hash Browns or any Dr. Praeger’s Littles.
*For a sweeter applesauce, use 1 cup of apple cider in place of 1 cup of water.